Thank you to the Flint Energies RoundUp committee for granting FAMA with funds. Through the generosity of those in the community that round up their bill each month, and those that serve on the Flint Energies Board, we were able to fund this website.
Middle Georgia FAMA is...
- Committed to the education and prevention of methamphetamine abuse within our community, Middle Georgia area, and beyond.
- Striving to assist individuals and families in understanding the danger and effects of this substance.
- Striving to assist families in their search for appropriate treatment for their loved one, and to provide emotional support for those seeking help.
What is "Methamphetamine"?
- Methamphetamine (meth) is a synthetic stimulant drug which creates a sense of euphoria and is highly addictive.
- It is used as a stimulant to the nervous system and appetite suppressant.
- Those abusing meth stay up for days, go without eating, and "crash".
- Common street names include: "crystal meth", "ice", "crank", and "speed".
Can YOU be affected by meth?
Yes. Meth is not a discriminating drug. It can affect the old or young, the rich or the poor. It doesn't discriminate against any race or gender. It can hit anyone. You don't have to be the one abusing it to be affected by it. Families and friends of an abuser are also affected. Are you one of these people?